Mr. Meehan joined MacLeod Law Group, LLC in July 2017, and he concentrates in civil and commercial litigation, business and real estate law, local government law, and estate planning and administration.
Prior to joining MacLeod Law Group, LLC, from 2001 to 2009, Mr. Meehan was a partner in the Chestertown law firm of Wright & Meehan and from 2010 to 2017, was senior counsel with the Law Offices of Stephen Z. Meehan in Chestertown. Prior to moving to Maryland’s Eastern Shore, Mr. Meehan practiced law in Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia. From 1987 to 1996, Mr. Meehan was an associate and later a director and shareholder with Murphy McGettigan Richards & West, P.C. in Alexandria, Virginia, and from 1997 to 1999, was senior counsel with Jackson & Campbell, P.C. in Washington, D.C. From 1996 to 1997 and from 1999 to 2001, Mr. Meehan was a solo practitioner in Northern Virginia.
Mr. Meehan is a 1984 graduate of the University of Virginia (B.A., English and History) and a 1987 graduate of Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D.). Mr. Meehan currently resides in Kent County with his family.
- 1987, Virginia
- 1988, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 1988, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- 1989, District of Columbia
- 1990, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- 2001, Maryland
- 2001, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Washington & Lee University, Class of 1987, J.D.
- University of Virginia, Class of 1984, B.A.
Associations & Memberships
- Kent County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association.