Mr. MacLeod founded MacLeod Law Group, LLC in 2017 and is head of the firm's Local Government Practice Group. Mr. MacLeod also concentrates in real estate, business and environmental law and serves as general counsel to various non-profit organizations and trade associations. As a registered lobbyist, Mr. MacLeod advocates for select clients before Legislative and Executive branch agencies.
Prior to founding MacLeod Law Group, LLC, Mr. MacLeod was a member of Funk & Bolton, P.A., resident in the firm's Chestertown, Maryland office from 1998 to January 2017. Mr. MacLeod headed the firm's Local Government and Real Estate Practice Groups, while serving as special counsel to various non-profit organizations and public entities on a broad spectrum of legal matters.
From 1991 through 1998, Mr. MacLeod served as the County Administrator of Kent County, Maryland. While serving as Kent County Administrator, Mr. MacLeod was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) and chaired LGIT's Health Benefits Committee.
From 1988 to 1991, Mr. MacLeod served as the Associate Director of the Maryland Association of Counties.
Mr. MacLeod is a 1997 graduate of University of Maryland School of Law (J.D.) and a 1986 cum laude graduate of Washington College (B.A. Philosophy and Political Science minor), where he served as Student Government Association President and was admitted to Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society.
Areas of Law
- State and Local Government
- Real Estate
- Medical Cannabis
- 1998, Maryland
- University of Maryland School of Law, Class of 1997, J.D.
- Washington College, Class of 1986, B.A.
- Philosophy and Political Science (minor)
Associations & Memberships
- Kent County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Municipal Attorneys Association
- International Municipal Lawyers Association
- United States Tennis Association
- International Tennis Federation - Beach Tennis