Our Environmental Practice Upholds Clients' Rights
We handle environmental law cases in the Chestertown area
We protect the rights of individuals and their communities to live free of harm by ecologically damaging practices, and we also help companies remain in compliance with these laws so that they can effectively conduct business.
We defend the right to a clean environment
Our attorneys remain updated on new laws and court decisions that affect conservation policies. Among the relevant laws we invoke to protect your rights are these:
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Environmental Quality Improvement Act
- National Environmental Education Act
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations
- Endangered Species Act (ESA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA/Superfund)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
Our attorneys help companies comply with regulations
Your company can avoid substantial costs, government interference and negative press by remaining in compliance with applicable environmental laws. Our attorneys work closely with your internal staff, engineers and scientists to perform audits that are good policy both for the environment and for your business.
If you have been injured or sickened or your property damaged because of a company’s environmental negligence, you deserve compensation. In addition to federal legislation, we use common law philosophies, such as those against trespass and nuisance, to address your losses.
Contact us for your environmental law case
MacLeod Law Group LLC represents clients throughout Maryland in a range of environmental law matters. Call 443-282-1189 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation at our Chestertown office.